Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Status of Things...

I was recently in Florida, which is why I have not been updating this blog as often as I should. Shame on me, I know. But it I wanted to be with family. New York was cold and I had no job and I was getting lonely.

Going to see my mom, my dad and my sister really reminded me of just how we are all in the same position we were a year ago. Of how our lives changed and have not quite settled.

My dad just got back from a trip to St. Lucia. He went there for a potential project he could start and be employed at. Meanwhile, since he is jobless, he is probably going to work for the US 2010 Census. Nothing to be ashamed of, it puts food on the table and pays rent.

My mom is painting. That is all she is doing. Which is great. It really really is because, as I said in an interview, when mom is happy she paints and when she paints she is happy.

And Jessica. Jessica's whole life and career got hit with a gigantic monkey wrench. Will she go to Guate to study? Will she study here? If she goes to Guate where will she live? Alone? With Luis Pedro? With a bodyguard? With a maid? Can she even go back to where she left off in her rotations? Does she even want to stay in Medicine? Did her grades drop too low after mom was kidnapped to ever repair her academic record to the point that she could get accepted in the US? Will she be safe in Guate? What if something happens? What if what if what if. I sometimes think I should have made a documentary just about my sister's Med-School issues after the kidnapping.

Anyway, just some thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment