Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Email inquiry - Am I eligible?

Hello,

My name is Christa Boarini. I am a born and raised in Guatemala (with citizenship), making a film which was filmed in Guatemala, is about Guatemala, but is being edited and largely produced in NYC. Am I eligible to apply? I have everything ready to send, I just want to make sure I am not wasting your time.

Sinceramente,

Dear Christa,
To be able to judge your situation we need more information about your living position. Are you going to be the director of the film? And please email me about your living situation of the past 5 years.
All the best,

Mélanie de Vocht
Producer Jan Vrijman Fund


Hello Melanie and thank you for your quick response.

I am the director/producer of this film. I was born and raised in Guatemala until I was 18. I left Guatemala just about exactly 5 years ago, after high school, to study university in NYC. Since then I have gone back to Guatemala but have spent most of my time in New York City.
I would be happy to give you any more information.

I look forward to your response
Christa Boarini

Dear Christa,

Then I'm sorry to inform, but you cannot apply. We're really a fund for filmmakers fully living and working in a developing country. That's our main goal.


All the best,

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment