Saturday, February 27, 2010

Email Opt Outs

A while ago I wrote an entry about how I screwed up my networking opportunity with someone by apparently asking about their personal life without intending to. Well, this person happened to work for P.O.V. documentaries, which is a network I really think is a good fit for my doc. She was one of the first to open the last email blast in January, probably because it had the name Sam Pollard in the title (a carefully calculated move on my part). However, in this last email blast she opted out of my newsletter and is now on my Do Not Mail list. Sadness. This was a bummer, and I am not sure how/if I can fix it. I know Sam knows her but I feel hesitant to ask him about it. We have to talk about my cut anyway, so maybe it will come up. I still plan on submitting my film to PBS's P.O.V, since they review films on an ongoing basis. However, there are a few more steps to take.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration to my anonymous collective mass of readers. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment